Invisalign Mahwah, NJ
The clear alternative to braces.
Invisalign uses a series of clear aligners that are custom-molded to fit you. The virtually invisible aligners gradually reposition your teeth into a smile you'll be proud of.
* Remove your aligners to eat, brush and floss * Change aligners every two weeks * Your teeth move little by little * Regular progress checks with your Mahwah dentist or orthodontist * Results often in 6 months to 1 year
Why People Prefer Invisalign
The convenience and ease of use of the Invisalign system have made it the choice of over half a million people. In fact, Invisalign has been effective in giving hundreds of thousands of people amazing new smiles.
* Most people won't notice you're in treatment * Won't disrupt your lifestyle * Free initial consultation with participating doctors
No metal wires or bands to irritate your mouth, and best of all, most people won't notice you're in treatment. Invisalign®, the clear alternative to braces, has been chosen by over 500,000 people who want amazing smiles.
Frequently Asked Questions
Invisalign is the invisible way to straighten teeth without braces. Invisalign uses a series of clear, removable aligners to gradually straighten teeth, without metal or wires.
Invisalign uses 3-D computer imaging technology to depict the complete treatment plan from the initial position to the final desired position from which a series of custom-made, clear "aligners" are produced. Each "aligner" moves teeth incrementally and is worn for about two weeks, then replaced by the next in the series until the final position is achieved.
- Invisalign is clear and removable. You can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing.
- Unlike braces, you can eat and drink what you want during treatment. You can also brush and floss normally to maintain good oral hygiene.
- Invisalign is comfortable. There are no metal brackets or wires as with braces to cause mouth irritation, and no metal or wires means you spend less time in the doctor's chair getting adjustments.
- Invisalign allows you to view your own virtual treatment plan before you start—so you can see how your straight teeth will look when your treatment is complete.
Aligners are made of clear, strong medical grade plastic that is virtually invisible when worn.
Aligners are clear and look similar to tooth-whitening trays, but are custom-made for a better fit to move teeth. Some orthodontists and dentists have referred to them as "contact lenses for teeth."
For years, orthodontists and dentists have used removable appliances for limited treatment. Today, with the application of computer technology and custom manufacturing, Invisalign treats a broader range of cases with greater precision.
Like brackets and arch wires are to braces, Invisalign aligners move teeth through the appropriate placement of controlled force on the teeth. The principal difference is that Invisalign not only controls forces, but also controls the timing of the force application. At each stage, only certain teeth are allowed to move, and these movements are determined by the orthodontic treatment plan for that particular stage. This results in an efficient force delivery system.
Invisalign aligners are classified as Class II medical devices by the FDA, and Align Technology has held the necessary 510K clearance from the FDA since 1998 to be able to sell and market the Invisalign System.